Thursday, January 17, 2008

A statement of purpose

As a child I wanted to know how things work, I loved nature. I have pursued a life in science but have not found it to be particularly fulfilling. I have taken to heavy drinking and other methods of self destruction. All too often I feel like Jack Isidore (minus the full-on crackpot) the protagonist in Philip K. Dick's Confessions of a Crap Artist. You can find a nice review of this book here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessions_of_a_Crap_Artist and some stuff on Philip K. Dick here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_K._Dick and here http://www.pkdickbooks.com/. While Isidore is really a crackpot who latches on to strange science such as the hollow earth theory he is passionate. I have so often felt that some of the science I have been involved in has been slightly off and my perspective has not meshed well with my mentor or supervisor. Thus, I have often felt as if I was a Jack Isidore, believing in false and bunk theories. In any case, herein, I will present my ideas without regard for any funding agenda or overt ego related to scientific one-upmanship.

So, my purpose with this blog is to present select reviews of current science that interests me. I will also outline certain ideas about humans, politics, transportation and food.

No comments: