At a little after 10AM this morning I was in pursuit of the alcohol that my body would need for the day. I went to the grocery store and bought a few items and then went to the local liquor store to get some beer. The store was empty except for one man who was quite large. The operator of the store came to the counter and the following exchange occurred:
BigMan: "Man I got a favor to ask of you. I got a small payroll check I need cashed."
OperatorMan: "We don't cash payroll checks. There's a bank 2 blocks down."
BigMan: "They won't cash it." And then he just stood there.
OperatorMan: "We don't cash checks here." note: matter-of-fact tone
BigMan: "You don't have to be a dick."
OperatorMan: "I'm not being a dick, we don't cash checks."
BigMan: "You're being a dick. I just asked to cash a check. You don't have to be a dick."
OperatorMan: "I'm not being a dick."
BigMan: "F- you, dick!"
OperatorMan: "Dick!"
BigMan: "F-you, F-you, F-you!"
OperatorMan: "Dick!"
BigMan: "F-you!"
OperatorMan: "Dick! Get out of my store."
BigMan: "Throw me out of your store!"
OperatorMan reached under the counter and grabbed a device, held it in the air and walked toward BigMan who began to flee. OperatorMan pushed a button and arcs of electricity appeared at the tip of the device. BigMan walked out cursing more. And, so ended the confrontation between BigMan and OperatorMan.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment